COVID-19 Action Protocol
MEASURES TAKEN AGAINST COVID-19
In view of the evolution that the outbreak of coronavirus disease is having and as pointed out in the joint communiqué on tourism and covid-19 launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), coordination and responsibility must be the two fundamental pillars of the current situation we are experiencing.
The Torremolinos City Council, in its commitment to promote tourism and promote the city, strives to promote the celebration of all kinds of events (Congresses, fairs, conferences, etc.), for which reason a series of measures have been taken at the Torremolinos Congress Centre to guarantee the health and safety of visitors and the work team:
- Rooms have been identified to isolate participants in events that show symptoms while waiting for healthcare to arrive.
- Our teams are available to study any additional support measures according to the needs of each event.
- The cleaning and disinfection procedures in our facilities have been enhanced. Our cleaning team has expanded its disinfection processes during the days of the event for greater coverage of high contact areas (reception, rest areas, bathrooms, handles and entrance doors).
- Distribution of dispensers with hydroalcoholic gel.
- Dissemination through its different channels and supports, both physical and virtual, of the recommendations issued by the competent health authorities.
In the case of external organizers, the promoter is reminded of the obligation to respect the capacity indicated at all times by the authorities, as well as the maximum number of people who can attend the event. Likewise, the organizer of the event must guarantee compliance with all the safety regulations indicated by the Ministry of Health regarding this type of celebration, as well as remind the attendees of the measures they must comply with and guarantee compliance with them, for example:
- Mandatory use of a mask inside the building.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Maintain a distance of 2 meters between participants.
– Cover the airways with a tissue or with your elbow bent (not with your hands) when sneezing or coughing.
- Throw the tissues in the trash once used.
- Avoid close contact with people with flu-like symptoms.
- Do not allow crowds in common areas.
- Take the necessary measures to guarantee the entrance of the participants to the rooms in a staggered manner.
For more information, do not hesitate to consult the reference sites:
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control:
Spanish Ministry of Health:
Andalucía Government – Ministry of Health and Families: